Philosophy & Benefits
Namaste; I honor the place in you in which the entire Universe dwells, I honor the place in you which is of Love, of Truth, of Light and of Peace. When you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, we are One.
Yoga in Motion was founded by Cat O’Connor with the intention of bringing yoga to as many people as possible in their own chosen space. Yoga has been an integral part of Cat’s life for many years and she feels strongly about the importance of yoga in building & creating a sense of health, wellness, balance and clarity for people living in today’s busy world. Yoga in Motion aims to provide an inviting, friendly, inspiring, supportive and accessible yoga experience to each individual, both privately and in a group or corporate setting. The foundational goal is to focus on accessibility and flexibility in order to fully cater to clients individual lifestyles and schedules at a convenient location for the client…
Bringing yoga to you in your own chosen space.
Cat’s focus is on tailoring yoga classes and programs specifically to you and your needs ensuring a truly individualized experience. Her decision to create a unique, personalized practice is based on the understanding that people are busy and although each of us truly wants to feel a sense of health & well being, it does not always feel possible to obtain. Cat is here to help provide that balance, calm and sense of overall well-being. You will immediately recognize and feel the benefit of a personalized, comfortable, safe, motivating and empowering yoga experience as you begin your practice with Yoga in Motion. Cat will create an experience for you based on your unique needs, you are invited into Balanced Body Studio & Wellness Centre, located in downtown Orillia or Cat is happy to come to your home, cottage, office, family gathering, conference etc…
Who needs yoga?
Simply put, everyone. If you can breath you can do yoga and we dare say that you should. Yoga in Motion will offer yoga services suitable for everyone! People of all ages & abilities. Individuals from all walks of life are discovering the tremendous benefits of a regular yoga practice:
- Working (in home or out of home) parents – life is busy, yoga provides a sense of calm, renewed energy and inner peace which you will carry with you off the mat, in ‘the real everyday world’ as well
- Pre/Post natal moms – yoga supports the new mom physically & emotionally on her amazing journey
- Career/Corporate – yoga helps to alleviate stress, will providing a physical workout, relaxation and clarity to the much needed individual or corporate team putting in long hours at the office.
- Students – Yoga provides a much needed break from studying, desk time, late nights and overall stress related to student life, delivering physical fitness and mental clarity.
- Athletes – yoga provides an incredible balance for the intensity of sport and its impact on muscles, tissue and psyche
We have noticed that the people that we serve tend to have similar interests and attiributes such as:
- The Desire to live a healthy and well balanced lifestyle
- A Commitment to health and wellness
- A Time pressed and busy lifestyle
Cat believes that all people will benefit by making yoga apart of their life; the rewards are boundless and the increased sense of well-being is immeasurable.
Benefits of Yoga
The benefits of yoga extend far beyond the typical benefits of which people are typically aware. Yoga is a transformational way of life that builds connection in body, mind & spirit – your yoga practice will inevitably move you towards an improved and renewed sense of overall well-being and a healthier lifestyle. Below is a brief list of some of the benefits that can be expected from a regular yoga practice:
- Increased Confidence
- Increased Strength & Flexibility
- Increased Rest & Relaxation
- Increased Mental Focus & clarity
- Emotional Release
- Increased level of Mindfulness & Self Awareness
Today is the day: If you are reading this now it is because you are ready to begin or re-establish your journey towards health, wellness and peace of mind. Yoga in Motion is here to support you on your path.