Essential Oils for Teens
It may take a Village to raise a child…
With two daughters, 10 and 14, each day that goes by I learn more and more just how true the old adage is ‘it takes a village to raise a child’… and I am so grateful for the village that I have ~ so many incredible people to help support and role model, nurture and encourage these two amazing girls,whom I am fortunate enough to have been given the opportunity to help raise and share in their journey…
Yet, even with a community of support, I am always looking for additional ways to nourish their lives and help them to grow up healthy, strong & confident. Recently, I’ve discovered the power of essential oils in all areas of our lives and after the week I’ve had with my two months in to grade nine, 14 year old daughter, I was happy to discover this post from The Pennington Point and feel it’s worth sharing. If it helps even one teen and/or mom out there, it will have been well worth the share.
Here are a few ways to use essential oils for your teen…
Give them a try and feel free to share your experiences – highs & lows, successes and experiments… Remember, we’re all in this together!
1. Valor – My personal fave. It helps when you feel “off” and teenagers feel off a lot.
2. Peace & Calming – Need I say more?
3. Frankincense – This oil is great for skin! I mix it with jojoba oil and my teens use it on their face. And while we’re at it frankincense also relieves stress.
4. Lavender – Growing pains…this is what you need. Rub it right on their legs where the pain is and it will help them sleep.
5. Joy – Some days your poor teen can really struggle with a lack of joy. A little of this rubbed over their heart will help them feel better about life.
6. Peppermint – It just lifts your mood plus it’s great for bad breath. Sometimes teens have that. I’m not naming names, I’m just sayin’.
7. Dragon Time – OK I said it. There are certain days of the month when my daughters have more trouble than others. This oil blend is specifically made for those highly hormonal days.
8. Melrose – Let’s face it, teens can occasionally smell bad. This oil is great for dispelling odors. Yet what makes it especially great? It also helps with mental fatigue and difficult emotions.
9. Common Sense – Yep, I keep this one close at hand. There are just some days when it feels like I need to make a room spray with it and just walk around spritzing it on people.
10. Brain Power – This one is more expensive, but you will love how well it helps your test taking, essay writing, fact memorizing teen focus.
The first 7 of these are included in the Premium Kit so if you have that you are armed for the job. The rest I collected over time. Be sure to teach your teens how and why to use the oils. They like having control over their choices and this is a great way to help them manage their own needs.
If you are interested in getting started with Young Living Oils it’s so easy. start HERE.